Farm Program Director (Farm Site Manager)
The Nuestras Raices Farm Program Director will oversee Los Finqueros de Nuestras Raices: The Farmers of Nuestras Raices, a New Generation of Environmentally-Aware Latino Specialty- Crop Farmers. She/he will also be in charge of farm site maintenance, project implementation to accomplish goals as set by Nuestras Raices Executive Director.
- Oversee the demonstration of plots of Latino specialty crop and conservation practices.
- Will promote best conservation practices
- Oversee, design and development of farm site, including process of preparing land for agriculture.
- Design necessary structures by obtaining permitting, contracting, services (as per budget).
- Obtain materials and equipment according to established budgets and through fundraising and donations and oversee use and maintenance of equipment.
- Co-manage farm with Farm Marketing and Program Coordinator.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required.
- Conduct weekly animal checklist and communicate violations with animal farmers.
- Coordinate farm waste, recycling, and compost management.
- Understand and follow agreements with Trustees of Reservation including communication plans.
- Create and execute and emergency situations plan.
- Feed and change water for animals daily (feed purchased as needed).
- Winter maintenance.
- Closing irrigation line gardens.
- Winter protection set up farm and water main.
- Heat plates and buckets protection in barn.
- Key collection of farmers and gardeners.
- Install water system in greenhouse.
- Prepare and store equipment for winter.
- Write farm evaluation questions for end of season.
- Schedule farmers’ evaluation meetings.
- Write up farmers’ recommendation.
- Shoveling, plowing and roof raking (as needed)
- Farmers’ greenhouse contracts development with Farm Marketing and Program Coordinator.
- Inspect greenhouse for use.
- Order seed/growing materials.
- Other tasks as directed by Operations Director.
Qualifications:Farm Program Director
- BS in agriculture/environmental
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Knowledge about sustainable agriculture.
- Knowledge of basic office and business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and publishing.
- Ability to work in team-oriented, active community setting with diverse people and programs, as well as ability to work independently.
- Self-directed and responsible, comfortable working with students, staff and other stakeholders from a wide range of cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic and dedicated to community improvement.
- Has a Massachusetts drivers license and own transportation.
- Position is full-time
- 40 hours a week
- Full Benefits
- Salary: 36,000
Nuestras Raices is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regards to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.