Siembra Siempre Application
Please read the Requirements and Rights before completing an application
Requirements & Agreements
- Ability to complete a short interview with the Program Staff in May/June 2018
- Able to lift 25 - 30 pounds and remain active for the full work day (10am - 3pm)
- Come to work on time and wearing appropriate clothing
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions (sun or rain)
- Treat the Youth Coordinator, Farm Program Manager, Farm Site Manager, and your peers with respect and integrity
- Listen carefully to directions and ask for clarification when necessary
- Commitment to a safe working environment for yourself and others
- Willingness to get your hands dirty!
- Willingness to follow phone policy (We do not want to see your cell during working hours, unless permission has been granted by the facilitators).
- Bring your own lunch and water-bottle to work
Your Rights as a Youth Worker
- Three paid sick days
- If your family has a planned summer vacation, you may go, provided that you present a signed note from your parent/guardian during the first week of work. After the first week, your stipend will be altered to reflect days missed on family vacation beyond your 3 paid sick days.
- 30-minute daily lunch-break on the farm
- You have the right at any time to talk to your supervisor about any concerns you have about the program
TRANSPORTATION WILL NOT BE PROVIDED